Saturday, December 6, 2014

Down Jackets Fashion Report

Down Jackets Fashion Report

As the weather getting colder on each months; one of the must have fashion pieces I recently found very fashionable: Down Jacket. Not only it is super comfortable, but also very stylish. With a particular piece, I call it “the good looking cocoon”. It is almost like you are wearing the most comfortable comforter that keeps you warm besides having them in your bed.

I used to very dislike them, just because down jacket are just so puffy, and it is really on my way. I felt like a Sumo(those big Japanese wresters) every time when I am wearing them. Sure they are nice and warm, but it is so puffy that nearly it became very inconvenience. So I choose wool jacket over down feather jacket. But with a city like Chicago, let’s be honest, wool jacket only can take you so far.

Until last year, I got this dark navy +Michealkors down jacket, which I love very much. Is thin, is fashionable, and it comes with a small traveling bag for the jacket(I think is one of the best part that comes with a jacket. Because when I dine out, especially to the Chinese restaurant, the bag is perfect. Because down jacket can absorb the smell very quickly. I love to eat Chinese food, but I don’t want to smells like one. Thus, every time when I dine out for Chinese, I will fold them in the small traveling bag. It might seems be a lot of work, but trust me, it is totally worth it).

Tips For Wearing Down Jacket:
When purchasing a down jacket, feel like body. Make sure the feather does not comes with the long hard feather quills. Understand all the down jacket will all have feather quills, but those higher qualities will use the fine tiny quills.
You get what you pay for- You might think some down jacket are ridiculously expansive, but be honest, unless you are choosing the luxury brand. Normally, you can find a good quality down that comes with an affordable price between the price range of $130 to $300. They will last you at lest a good 5 years.
Notice the feathers will poke out here and there. The solution is to put them in your dryer with 2-3 tennis balls, or a big towels, or couple pairs of socks that fold in a baseball shape. Once the leather got expand from the hot temperature, it won’t come out that easy anymore.

-Stay fashionable. Stay elegant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment